Friday, March 1, 2019

JWFF Meeting Notice - March 7th 2019





Time: 6:30 PM
Place: Ridgewood United Methodist Church
100 Dayton St.
Ridgewood, NJ 07450

Speaker: Lee Nisenholz
Subject:  How to pack for a long range trip and new gear for 2019


I"ve been fly fishing since i am 11 years old and started tying flies when I was 12. My first decent outfit was a Bar Mitzvah present (an Orvis 7.5 for 4 Brook Trout model)
When I was young we used to vacation in the Catskills and my parents were avid horseback riders. While they were occupied with horses, I was fly fishing The Willow. I'm now 50 years old. Ive been a licensed guide in NY since 2012
Aside from extensive history in the Catskills, Ive fished almost 40 global destinations as far east as Iceland and Greenland through New Foundland including all the Maritimes for Atlantic Salmon. Down to Tierra Del Fuego and Patagonia in Chile and Argentina over to the Alaskan Coast through British Columbia in search of Anadromous fish with multiple trips to the west coast of the United States for Steelhead and trout . With extensive knowledge of the Carribean, Central America and the Florida Keys for all species of Flats fish.
I am a Remax Real Estate Agent by career in Bergen County. The day I turned 17 i've been working part time at Ramsey Outdoor Store in Paramus or Ramsey and have taught hundreds of students to cast for free.
I am fluent with either a single hand or Spey rod and will be completing my instructors certificate in June.
My main objective as an instructor and international trip host is to pass my knowledge on freely as I have truly learned from the legends you read about. My previous mentors were Mark Sedotti , Lefty Kreh, Henrik Mortenson, Dick Talleur, Warren Duncan, Billy Tomiello and many others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment